Sunday, July 31, 2011

BCT Sandwiches

This summer I've been on a BLT kick....but usually without the "L", only because I don't keep lettuce on hand very often. I've decided that the BLT is a very underrated sandwich!

Since Kyle likes 'em too (hold the "L" and the "T" on his) we've had them several times. And while I would love to use the same bacon Kyle likes.....


....I try to make my BLT healthier with this:


However, this presents a problem, since bacon doesn't last very long in the fridge, especially with only one person eating it. And as much as a like BLTs for dinner, I don't want to eat them every night for a straight week. So finally, the solution came to me last night:


Divide the bacon up into individual portions to keep in the freezer, then thaw one at a time as needed!! Hallelujah, no more wasted bacon!

Fry it up, and add the veggies (decided to slap some cucumber on there...in place of lettuce I suppose), and it's the perfect summer sandwich.


Don't worry, I haven't forgotten that I haven't posted pictures of the house. I decided to wait until Friday when we get the rest of our furniture to give the "tour".

No comments:

Post a Comment