Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Recipe Keeper

I found this recipe for "Greek Pita Pockets with Tzatziki Sauce" in this month's issue of my Women's Day magazine. I tried it, and decided it's a keeper and will go in my "permanent" recipe book.

Combine:
1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped black olives (or a few more if you're a black olive fanatic like me)


Whisk together:
1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup shredded cucumber
1/4 teaspoon dill
pinch each salt and black pepper


Fill a whole-grain pita with bean mixture and top with yogurt sauce.


I brought this for lunch and several so-workers commented that it looks delicious and healthy. And it is! Very quick and easy to make. And if you refrigerate the bean mixture and yogurt sauce in separate containers, it makes great left-overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment