Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Not So Simple Project

Remember that $15 chair we bought from an Antique Mall a month ago?

One of the first things that attracted me to it was it's color, and also the sturdiness of it. However, it had a few signs of wear....

And while I liked the bright painted look of it, it didn't really go with the color scheme we had going in the office. So I decided to strip the old paint, a very tedious process with no pictures to prove it, but let's just say that chair had been at least 3 colors before it made it's way into our home. After literally hours and hours of stripping the old layers of paint, I primed it:

And painted it! Then fun part :)


We went with "Desert Mirage" which I thought would turn out a little more burnt orange rather than pastel orange, but that's alright.

Then I put 2 layers of polyurethane on to make the chair less "sticky" feeling.


Before:


After:

No comments:

Post a Comment